Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Concert... Finally!


The craziness we went through a few months ago getting tickets to see Daughtry paid off on December 20th when we got to see him live at The Ryman. It's gotta be the best place to see a concert. I don't think there's a bad seat in the house.

Our original group changed up a little because Uncle was unable to go with Juli. Holden went with Juli in Uncle's place. His first concert! It was a good one for him because he likes Daughtry (maybe because I'm always playing in the car) and Daughtry's music while definitely being rock is also very PG.

The concert was one of the best I've been too. My only regret is that Holden wasn't sitting with me and Ben. We could see him and Juli from our seats though and we kept in touch with text messages throughout!

All in all a really fun night. And in true rebellious rock-n-roll fashion Holden skipped school the next day!

As a side note, there were two opening acts. In my concert going experience I know there are two kinds of opening acts. There are the ones that are on the brink top 40 stardom and the ones that are destined to be playing in the Holiday Inn lounge a year from now. Daughtry had one of each: You Are I Am were pretty decent; The Midway State not so much. I am not at all qualified to be a music critic so don't mark my words, but I do think you will hear from You Are I Am (even if you can't distinguish them from Coldplay or The Fray), but you've already forgotten the name of the other band.

No comments: