Thursday, June 19, 2008

What Year Is It Now?


Last night Holden and I watched the Greatest Songs of the 80's on VH1. He was less than impressed, but I was repeatedly thrown back in time to 1984... 1987... 1981. Each song had a memory. The first time I saw the Jump video and laughed hysterically at Diamond Dave. The drama of middle school and Every Rose Has It's Thorn. Man... I wished I had pink frost lipstick just like Bret's... if Mom would only let me wear it! Discovering a truly legendary song on U2's Joshua Tree album in the back of my best friend's Dad's Suburban on the way to King's Island.

Then this picture was on my phone when I got up this morning...


It was taken LAST NIGHT at where else.... Wal-Mart? The 80's Lady (as she is affectionately nicknamed) is a late-night regular at the local Wal-Mart and a true character of Clarksville. This is how she dresses always. She is not ashamed. The 80's must have been totally awesome to her! When there's a sighting it's an event and sneaky cell phone picture is a plus!

So while Holden rolls his eyes at the big hair, synthesizers, and dudes that look like ladies I just have one thing to say... "LONG LIVE THE 80'S!" (at least in the aisles of Wal-Mart).

No comments: