Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cool Site!

As a Mac user I am sometimes presented with files that I cannot open. Yes, there's Office for Mac and I have tried installing it, however, with the volume of fonts I use for graphic design it just isn't possible. Plus it only happens at the most once a month and I don't like installing programs, I rarely use... and forget I have.

So when this happened today I Googled converting a Word Perfect file to something a Mac could read. Often text documents will open on my computer, but this kept saving as a QuickTime movie. Don't ask...

Anyhow, I found Media Convert. It's free and converts just about anything to anything. I was concerned that the converted file might be some horrible disgusting image or virus, but felt pretty confident in my ability to quickly "red ball" the file (as the kids say) and my Mac's security. So I took the risk and the converted pdf worked great!

Ah... it's the simple victories in life that make life sweet.

No comments: