Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I Love This: Green Earl Grey


I am on a never-ending quest to add healthy things to my life. And I love when I can do something healthy, but doesn't feel like I am moving mountains.

•30-minutes of walking (and talking with Ben).

•Skipping Starbucks.

•A dropper-full of berry flavored B-Complex under my tongue.

•And my personal favorite... therapeutic massage.

I read a lot of health focused magazines for ideas; the easy ones that is. And I read "green tea" over and over again. Problem is I don't really care for green tea. It's a little, well, green tasting. So I was excited to find Twinings Green Earl Grey Tea at of all places... Big Lots. Traditional Earl Grey tea is my tea of choice so I thought the flavors would mask the greeniness of Green Tea.

It does!

I love this tea!

Be warned: Green Tea does contain caffeine and a day of "being healthy" could leave you with heart palpitations and a late, late night. You can "decaffeinate" your tea yourself by steeping the tea for 30 seconds, pouring off the water, and re-steeping the tea. However, you may loose the healthy you were after in the first place. I just take any "extra" energy I get from caffeine as another bonus to tea drinking.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I like green tea with mint and honey. I will have to try earl grey's now.

Deanna said...

I love Twinings! Mom used to buy it all the time. And it's really cheap in our stores here. The one I'm into right now is the Pure Peppermint. You should try African Red Rooibos teas too, more antioxidants than green (and more flavor to me)!