Thursday, September 25, 2008

They Got Me!

You might be able to guess that I am an Oz fan. The quotes to the side are from The Wizard of Oz. The picture is me with my kids and niece and nephew and the Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz Festival in Boone, North Carolina that we attended last year. I am not obsessed. I don't have the time or money to be, but it makes me happy to watch it, sing the songs, and look at a few little nicknacks we have around the house.

Last year, McDonald's had Wizard of Oz Madame Alexander Dolls as the Happy Meal toy. I made it my mission to get the complete set. These were collectibles that I could afford. We don't usually frequent McDonald's although Owen's obsession with the Golden Arches would make you think otherwise. But last year we got one or two Happy Meals every couple of days. I vowed never to do that again. It was like my own Supersize Me experiment.

Now here we are a year later and McDonald's has done it again. This year's set includes more characters... something the kids and I had talked about wishing they had. The Wizard! A Flying Monkey! Dorothy with Toto! So they got me again! Owen finally had his craving filled yesterday and we got Happy Meals for lunch. I wanted two Oz toys, but Owen being all boy caught sight of the Batman Lego toys for boys couldn't wait to get his hands on one. So we just got one... the Flower Munchkin.

Time to get out the fat pants!

Last year's set:



This year's expanded set:


No comments: