Thursday, October 25, 2007

This Is a First

Well, this is it. I am officially a blogger. How exciting! I haven't become something new in a long while. I love writing, but don't take the time for it as often as I should. Recording my thoughts and activities has almost become a necessity because I can't seem to remember a thing on my own! This way I can record for myself and share with others.

The necessity of putting things is writing was demonstrated a few weeks ago when I was attempting to get dressed for work. Yes, I said attempting; it's a major undertaking in the chaos I call my closet. So I have chosen my outfit and I have the top part on, but I am out of underwear. I leave my room sans panties to retrieve some from the laundry room (clean, of course!). The laundry room is directly between my room and the kitchen. I head down the hall and wind up in the kitchen where I stop to ask myself the question I ask myself a hundred times a day, "what did I come in here for?". Seconds pass as I silently repeat this question in my head. What? Then it dawns on me. Maybe there was a draft. Underwear!

No major mental lapses today though. Things went rather smoothly despite Holden being unable to make it to the bus this morning and me having to take him. Ben was home because of rain. Usually my days are totally off when Ben is home during the week. They feel like vacation days and I loaf around. But today he did his thing and I did mine which was very important because my things were starting to pile up after doing the loafing thing Wednesday when he was home (another rain day).

We've had rain all week here in Tennessee so Ben hasn't worked. We are handling the rain days pretty good since these are the first in about six months. Little Owen probably wondered why in the world water was dripping on him outside because rain certainly is not in his short memory. Typically I'd be worrying about Ben not working. That is me.
Taking life as it comes and enjoying the good stuff is my goal. So Owen getting wet in the rain for the first time in months is my silver lining.

And my first post wouldn't be complete without me mentioning my Baby Girl, Emeline. She is so full of life. I love talking to her. Four years old is the age you can begin having actual conversation. But sometimes she pulls out one of her lists of demands and I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Like this evening during Survivor: China and dinner (the two always coincide) she is consistently reminding me that I promised to paint her nails... when I am going to paint her nails... am I going to paint her nails... I'd better paint her nails! So I tell her for at least the 10th time yes, but that I need to get Owen to sleep first. Emeline proceeds to tell me without missing a beat, "No, let me tell you what need to do. You need to give me a bite of spaghetti, get me some more sparkling cider, take me to the bathroom and paint my nails." You must realize that this girl knows what she wants and she is not shy about letting you know it. She wasn't being disrespectful just stating what needed to happen in her world. That is all HER! She is going to be one tough dame in about 18 years.

So there it is... my first blog posting. Did I do it right? Is it too much information? Too long? Too boring? Guess I'll learn as I go. Remember... this is a first.

Thanks to Tara for pointing me in the blogging direction!

No comments: